The Student Manager Position
- Student managers operate a small painting business between May and August/ September.
- With mentorship from UFCP, students develop a comprehensive business and operational plan to paint the exteriors of homes, usually with 2-4 employees who conduct the actual painting of homes.
- Average summer earnings for the position are $21,000 with exceptional managers earning at higher levels.
- The position focuses on teaching student managers how to run a small business. Key facets are marketing, operations management, sales, employee management, and financial budgeting.
- Training is provided throughout the second semester on a part-time basis (4-5 hours per week) with full-time mentorship throughout the summer.
UFCP and the Benefits
- UFCP has been mentoring students to operate their own businesses for 40 years in Canada.
- This position is specifically designed for students who wish to gain real-life business experience during the summertime.
- Every year we employ 50-60 of the top business-minded students in our Canadian regions.
- You will work alongside a proven team of business leaders who collectively have run multi-million-dollar businesses in Canada.
- UFCP is a leader in our industry and this position often qualifies as a co-op opportunity.
- By operating a small business with UFCP, you prove to future employers that you have a strong handle on all facets of business and are a leader among your peers.
Who We Are Looking For:
- Highly motivated students, seeking experience in business management, entrepreneurship, & leadership
- Must have a strong work ethic
- Be able to work a minimum of 40hrs per week from May to the beginning of September
- Must speak fluent English
- Must have a vehicle and valid driver’s license