A Message to Our Customers
We wanted to inform current and future customers that we will be adhering to the advice provided by Health Canada and the World Health Organization regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. The well-being of our customers and our staff is the priority and we would like to assure you that health and safety have our complete attention.
Our estimate procedure has been adjusted to ensure healthy interaction between customers and their local University First Class Painters representative:
- All active estimators will clear a daily health check whereby they are not showing any flu-like symptoms and have not been (or socialized with anyone who has traveled) outside the country within the last 14 days.
- For exterior estimates, no physical interaction is necessary as site visits, estimate calculation and presentation can happen electronically or over the phone.
- For interior estimates, both the estimator and the client must pass a health check and interaction will be limited to maintaining a 6-foot distance from each other. A minimum amount of time will be spent on-site by our estimator who will use aids such as taking photos to assist with estimate calculation once off-premises.
All of our employees are fully updated on current requirements and are undertaking health and safety measures to ensure that the highest possible hygiene standards are maintained throughout every aspect of our daily work. In particular, all staff must practice the following:
- Regularly and thoroughly wash their hands for at least 20 seconds under warm running water and avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover their mouth and nose with a flexed elbow or tissue when coughing and sneezing.
- Immediately dispose of tissues in a garbage can and thoroughly wash hands after coughing and sneezing.
- Maintain a six foot distance from others when possible.
- Disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces such as door handles, computers, phones, remotes, toilets, etc.
- Refrain from greeting with a handshake or embrace.
- If a staff member has or will be travelling outside of Canada, they will not be allowed on-site until the recommended 14 day quarantine period has lapsed.
- Staff must not be on-site if they have flu like symptoms. If staff has been in close contact with someone who has flu like signs, they must monitor their symptoms very carefully.
- If a staff member suspects they have Covid-19 Symptoms, they should contact Health Link at 811 to obtain professional advice and testing if deemed necessary.
Also, customers will now be contacted by their local University First Class Painters representative prior to job start to ensure a safe environment for staff members:
- Jobs will not be started if the customer has travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days.
- And jobs will not be started if any person within the home or business is displaying flu like symptoms.
Again, we will continue to monitor this situation closely and will make policy changes as needed. We are encouraging everyone to stay up-to-date on the Covid-19 pandemic through Health Canada’s Website.
If you have any questions regarding our practices or if you have concerns about how this may affect your paint job, please feel free to contact us anytime. Our priority is to ensure that our customers and staff stay safe by providing a healthy work environment.
Your local University First Class Painters Representative